Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Sneaking Into The Showroom

Ok, Ok, I guess I didn't really sneak in considering I called ahead of time to ask if I could come. But no one at Ryan Homes lets you in on this little secret. This is one of the very important lessons I learned- take things into your own hands! Scott and I were under the impression that there would be very few choices for us when it came to countertops, flooring and tile because the Decoration Center in the basement of the model home didn't give you very many options. Well I was wrong! After we signed our contract we were told to call the flooring showroom to set up an appointment. I read in some other blogs that people felt rushed and chose things because they had to and then later regretted it. Um, I'm sorry but if I'm paying this much money for a house and it is being built from the ground up I want to walk into it and be HAPPY!

So after our appointment with NVR I called the flooring showroom and asked the operator (I left a message on the showroom's answering machine and didn't hear back while I was still in the area) if I could stop in to take some pictures of our options before our set appointment. She said that was no problem, however I couldn't ask any questions because I would be taking the sales rep away from their set appointments. Totally understood. Well, lucky me, when I got to the showroom Mary was there and her appointment was running a little late. I asked her just to show me all of our options with Ryan Homes so I wasn't falling in love with something we couldn't have. Boy, was I totally wrong- there were tons of options! However, can you take a guess at how many times after I said, "Ooooh I like that," that Mary said, "Yes, it's beautiful!.... And that's an upgrade." So I took tons of pictures and set up an appointment for my husband and I to go back. Looking at the pictures I now have no idea which things she said were an upgrade but at least we know what some of our options are before going into this appointment. Below is a small sampling. By no means represents all that they have.

Granite Countertop Options
 
Laminate Countertop Options


Laminate Flooring Options

Laminate Flooring Options


Manufactured Hardwood- so in love with this!!


Standard (no upgrade) Carpet Options- minus the one my hand is covering


Some other carpeting options- There were 5 or 6 other towers like this one


Tile Flooring Options- standard is laid as a square, upgrade for diamond lay. Keep in mind standard grout is white, upgrade for colored grout.


Wood Looking Tile Flooring- I literally had to touch it



Bathroom Tile Options- Matte tile on floor, gloss in shower with accent row


Bathroom Tile Options


Bathroom Tile Options


Bathroom Tile Options- I believe the lower tile is what would be on the floor- the texture of it was awesome





Things start to get fuzzy here but I believe this is the standard backsplash option


Backsplash Options


Backsplash Option


Backsplash Option







No comments:

Post a Comment