Monday, August 11, 2014

Waiting Game...

So this is the part that really sucks- waiting.  We signed our contract with Ryan Homes 12 days ago and it seems like nothing is happening (my husband and I are very impatient people!) In our little perfect world we would have signed the contract and they would have started digging the next day.  I realize that can't happen but that doesn't make waiting any easier.

We broke the good news to our kiddos and took them out to the lot yesterday. No lot sign, no sold sign. Sad face. In the process of trying to find our property lines, my husband and step-son got to meet a super sweet neighbor who told us to just "keep an eye" on Ryan Homes. A man down the street had built with them and apparently the county inspector said there was a pipe under the driveway that wasn't laid correctly. The mistake was fixed but I think it pushed things back a little. However, we're still really excited to get things started and I know once we start seeing progress my husband and I will be there frequently. While Kolt and Daddy enjoyed walking back in the "woods," Emme and I had fun throwing rocks around the property. We walked abound the cul-de-sac and looked at the other homes being built. Three different foundations were started so I'm sure when we go back in a couple of weeks we will see a huge difference. The kids were both really excited about the house, which made us happy, and then to top it off we saw three deer on the side of the road when we were leaving the development. Kolt loved this and asked if we could shoot them haha. We definitely have a country boy on our hands!

Tomorrow things will get better I'm sure. First thing in the morning we have our flooring appointment and then we have a follow up meeting with Ryan Homes to talk about our two week changes and stuff for Guardian. I'll be back with all our color choices!

1 comment:

  1. Maybe the paperwork was stuck somewhere? Either way, by now you guys should be on the way on building something awesome on your new lot. Today, you'd call it a "lot", but in the future, you can call it your "home". Congratulations!

    John Lambert @ Cape Coral Lots

    ReplyDelete